Southwark Leisure is looking for Recreation Assistants to join our centre-based teams across the Borough. Key duties are:
- Supervising the pool at all times, keeping our customers safe, and carrying out rescues when required
- Adhering to health and safety procedures
- Keeping poolside and the centre clean and tidy
- Set up equipment as required across the centre
We are the largest local authority social landlord in London, managing 55,000 homes lived in by 40% of Southwark’s residents. We are home to over 18,300 businesses including iconic London venues and social enterprises and we have a young, diverse and growing population.
At Southwark we are committed to making our borough just and fair and are taking positive action to tackle inequalities. Our residents and communities are our greatest asset and the passion we have for Southwark is shared by millions of Londoners who enjoy our outstanding cultural offer, use our hospitals and attend our universities. Our refreshed borough plan and focus on Southwark Stands Together, (which is our work with Southwark’s communities and the council’s staff to tackle racism, injustice and inequality) underpins all that we do.
Recreation Assistants need to be responsible and calm under pressure. You will have a friendly, approachable manner and deliver excellent customer service to our customers. Experience carrying out some cleaning duties and maintaining equipment would set you apart from other candidates.
- Ideally, you'll have your National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) but if not free training can be provided subject to passing a swim test
- The hours of work will be shift based, requiring early morning, evening and weekend working
- Roles are available on a full time (36hrs), part time and casual basis
- DBS required
Benefits and more information:
Advert Closing Date: 11:59pm on the 31/12/2023
Interview Date: TBC
We are an organisation that is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to inclusion, we offer guaranteed interviews for specific groups of people. To qualify, you'll need to meet the minimum requirements for the role, and identify with one of the below criteria:
- Members of the Armed Forces and veterans
- Are currently in care, or have previously been in care
- If you consider yourself to be disabled or if you have a long-term health condition