Preparation- Review the selection criteria and prepare your responses to the each in a separate document, this will allow you to develop, review and save them before completing your application. Copying and pasting content into the application form can be quicker.
- Read through your application and check that all information is accurate before submitting it. It’s useful to retain a copy of your application.
- The information provided in the Recruitment Monitoring section of the application form is confidential and is not made available to the recruiting panel. This information is used for monitoring purposes to ensure that we’re acting fairly when we employ people.
- If you have a disability which prevents you from meeting any of the criteria, tell us about this in your application. Advise what we could do to help you meet the criteria. If you have a disability we will offer you an interview as long as you meet the essential criteria for the job.
- Applications for all jobs should be submitted through our online system. You should receive a copy when your application is received.
- If you want to apply for more than one position, please submit a separate application for each job.
The vacancy information and person specification describes the knowledge, experience and skills required to undertake the job. The "criteria" listed are used to shortlist candidates for interview and to make appointments.
"Essential" criteria are those which you must have to undertake the job.
“Desirable" criteria are extra requirements which may be considered if we receive a large number of applicants who meet our "essential" criteria.
We will also ask you to indicate if you have any relationship with a councillor or officer of the council.
This is to ensure the recruitment process is fair and transparent.
Occupational assessment is used to help measure a person's competence, or potential, to undertake characteristics of a job.
To protect the welfare of our staff and the local community, we follow careful procedures when recruiting new staff.
Southwark Council recognises that the diversity of our population and our workforce is a strength.
Your questions on job searches, job alerts, saving your application and completing your application form answered.