You can change the list you see by using the options to search by name, full time or part time and a range of other criteria, by using one criteria or a combination it’ll help you find the jobs you are interested in.
To cancel a job alert click the“Unsubscribe” link in the email alert you receive.
Yes, this is possible only if you have submitted an application using this website since 1 June 2017. Click the Apply Now button and there will be an option to reuse your previous application data (Want to fill this form faster?). Enter your details and submit. You then receive an email with a code which you use to activate this process.
If you try to reuse an application submitted before June 2017, you'll still receive the email but with a message asking you to complete a new application form.
You will see a Save Progress option on the top right hand side of the application form screen, click this if you want to save the application content you have entered so far. You may need to scroll back up to the top to see it.
Complete the details including your email address as you'll be sent two emails from the website. 1 with a link to your saved application and 1 with your access code, use these to continue your application form later.
Free email accounts can be set up through providers such as www.yahoo.co.uk , mail.google.com and www.hotmail.com. Just log onto their websites and follow the instructions.
Setting up an email account with one of these web-based providers means you'll be able to access your email using any computer with internet access. To keep your personal details safe,always remember to logout if you are using a shared computer.
Remember you must always click on the Submit button once you have filled in all parts of your application form (indicated by a tick) so that it is received by us. You will receive a confirmation email with a copy of your application when your application has been successfully submitted.
At this stage you may find it useful to save or print the copy of your application form and the vacancy information on the advert for future reference.
For any technical issues please use the Contact us details on the website for assistance.
Your local library or other local facilities will usually have a computer you can use, however, these may vary so check out shopping centres and community centres in your area.
It is worth setting up an email account as more and more recruitment is moving on-line. It really can make a difference to your job search if you can apply online.
This will bring in your job and education history and some personal information. Please check the data to make sure it's how you want it included on your application.
If you are experiencing issues with your online application please try the following or use our Contact Us options:
- Delete your cookies/temporary Internet files
- Ensure that your privacy settings aren't set too high
- Ensure you have a strong Internet connection
- Check that your Internet cable is plugged into your router/socket, sometimes Wi-Fi signals can drop their connection due to a variety of reasons and this may end your session unexpectedly
- If you need to save any application you are working on, since any break in Internet connection, or period of inactivity may result in your session timing out and you may lose some information you have already inserted, you will receive two (2) emails, one with a link to your saved form and another with an access code you need to enter to continue with the application.
- If you are entering lengthy responses draft them out using a text editor e.g. Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac) so you have a backup copy should you encounter any issues. The character count in Word differs from that on the application form because text is stored as Unicode on the online application form. Therefore use the character count on the application form and edit text accordingly. Text that is over the character limit will not be saved. - Try to avoid adding additional formatting e.g. bullet points as these take up character space which may result in you not having enough space to complete your full response
- Review your computer settings and try other browsers
- Try accessing your application on another computer as this could help determine if the issue is specifically linked to your own computer settings
- If you are using an Antivirus software make sure that Jobsatsouthwark.co.uk is a trusted website
- Increase text size by clicking on Ctrl key and scrolling your mouse wheel, or go to your browser click on View > Text Size or View > Zoom
- You can increase the text box sizes using Chrome and Safari browsers, or alternatively type up your responses using a text editor e.g. Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac) and copy and paste in to the text boxes once edited
There is a chance that email can end up in Spam or Junk email folders. Please check in all your email folders that you have received the application receipt email.
Different email services provide different types of filtering, you may need to adjust your email filters or mailbox set up to ensure any future emails from jobsatsouthwark are directed into your inbox. Check with your email service on how to adjust those settings.
The character (keystroke) limit is 4000 per box - the system will not accept submissions over this limit. Please review your text and only address those points on the Vacancy Information that will be assessed at shortlist.
Note that if you are copying from a word processing application or other sources, there may be some “hidden” characters which will form part of this keystroke limit. If this is the case, please paste the text into WordPad on a PC or TextEdit on a Mac – and then copy and paste into the box.
If you are still experiencing problems please Contact Us.