Can You Inspire Southwark Council to shape a new future for public leisure services?
Southwark is a large, ambitious and progressive council with a ‘can do’ attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, we are successful, passionate and forward-thinking. In June 2023, Leisure Services will transfer from the current operator to full Council management. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new future for leisure services in Southwark. This opportunity offers a significant challenge to build a new organisation ready to operate a 12 million pound business by June 2023. If you enjoy a challenge, can see the bigger picture and maintain an eye for detail, we would like to hear from you. This role demands vision, passion and inspirational leadership to build a high performing operation.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced ICT Senior Applications Analyst who will be responsible for the delivery of services and underpinning applications relating to one or more of the corporate applications or technical specialists within the portfolio that they operate, in this case Leisure Services.
They will operate as part of a team of specialist analysts delivering related services and supporting the underpinning applications in the portfolio, as well as ensuring services are continually developed & improved.
The Leisure Division sits within the Department of Environment and Leisure, which is responsible for the day-to-day management of parks and open spaces, trees, sports and leisure, cemeteries, youth and play, highways, roads, parking, refuse collection, street cleansing, culture and libraries. It also looks after public health, trading standards and consumer safety.
· Have expert knowledge of a major corporate systems (or multiple smaller systems) in use by the council, or strong specialist technical skills in a key applications field (such as GIS or reporting systems).
· Possess ITIL Foundation qualification and able to demonstrate how best practice is used in their work.
· Possess Degree Qualification or equivalent.
· Can lead the troubleshooting and resolution of complex support issues on a major corporate system (or multiple smaller systems).
· Can demonstrate ability to write complex code in multiple development languages including SQL.
· Possess ability to run small to medium sized projects, task managing the delivery and reporting progress and issues to the Project Board.
If you would like to informally discuss this role, please contact David Pugh at email@example.com
To make an application, please click on the apply now button below, with the following prepared:
- your CV
- a covering letter that sets out your motivation for applying for this secondment, and why you think your skills and experience make you suitable. No more than two side of A4.
Additional salary details
· Job type – Permanent (Full Time)
· Might be required to work weekends and evenings to meet the needs of the service.
· No DBS check required.
· Comply with and promote the Council’s Equal opportunities policy
Benefits and more information:
Application Closing Date: 11.59pm on 17/07/2022
Interview Date: 2nd August, 2022
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.