TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE ENSURE YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION VIA OUR DEDICATED MICROSITE:
Our Strategy and Impact division is a part of the Strategy and Communities department, which sits at the heart of the Council’s corporate centre. We are a busy and fast-past division with lead responsibility for the Council’s overarching strategic Anchor Network partnership work: Southwark 2030, co-ordinating whole council improvement oversight such as our recent LGA Corporate Peer Challenge, maintaining and improving the Council-wide strategic policy framework, and providing corporate performance structure and insights.
We are looking for dynamic, strategic, critical thinkers who believe in enhancing the role of performance within an evidence-based culture to apply for the position of Business Intelligence & Performance Manager in the Strategy and Impact division. The right candidates will be looking for opportunities to lead the development and reporting of a suite of intelligence and performance data, will use the insights from that data to drive evidence-based decision-making, improve performance tracking, and align our outcome to our strategic goals. You will be a key player in the development and maintenance of our Performance Management Framework. You will act as a catalyst for collaboration, ensuring the appropriate effective and streamlined processes are in place to enhance performance management. You will work alongside IT to develop a robust, long-term data system and work in partnership to address cross-departmental challenges in the business insight.
“A people powered council, creating a fairer, greener, safer future for all”
Southwark is home to a diverse community of over 320,000 residents who live in neighbourhoods ranging from Bermondsey and Rotherhithe on the south bank of the River Thames to Peckham, Camberwell and Dulwich. We’re also home to a thriving voluntary sector, world-class health institutions, and high-performing schools.
The council itself is one of the largest local authority social landlords in the UK and directly manages over 55,000 homes, which are lived in by nearly 40% of Southwark residents. But perhaps the most exciting fact about our council is that it’s powered by people like you.
Southwark is a values-led council and our beliefs – in the power of people and the vital importance of tackling inequality – define who we are. Being ‘People powered’ means that we recognise the people who work here, at the council and with our partners, and live in our communities are our greatest strength. That’s why collaboration – with residents, partners and colleagues – is at the heart of everything we do and in every decision we make.
Additional salary details
- You have a proven track record in leading Business Intelligence and Performance functions, showcasing expertise in cultivating a data-driven culture and implementing digital innovation for comprehensive data capture, particularly in a local government setting.
- A capable team leader with strong leadership and management skills, enabling you to lead, build and maintain a multi-disciplinary team of officers.
- You are a good, effective and persuasive communicator, in both verbal and written form to diverse audiences of varying seniority levels, able to develop the relationships required to make your work a success.
We’re always looking for new ways to deliver even better services. Join us and you can do more for yourself and the residents and partners in Southwark.
For further information or a confidential discussion about this role, please contact: Andrew Barton on 07922 386 432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits and more information:
- Training and development programmes, uniquely tailored to your interests
- Standard hours, 36 hours Monday – Friday,may vary, occasional evening meetings may be required
- Hybrid working arrangements available subject to business needs
- Generous 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and rising to 33 days having met criteria
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Job share potentially available
For more detail on benefits, please visit: https://jobs.southwark.gov.uk/why-us/
Advert closing date: 11.59pm on the Sunday 18th February 2024
Interview dates: Tuesday 12th, Wednesday 13th, Thursday 14th and Tuesday 19th March 2024
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to inclusion, we offer guaranteed interviews for specific groups of people. To qualify, you'll need to meet the minimum requirements for the role, and identify with one of the below criteria:
- Members of the Armed Forces and veterans
- Are currently in care, or have previously been in care
- If you consider yourself to be disabled or if you have a long-term health condition