Southwark is a large, ambitious, and progressive council with a ‘can do’ attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, we are successful, passionate, and forward-thinking. We are committed to our ‘Fairer Futures for All’ promise which ensures that our residents and businesses are central to everything we do.
If you want to make a difference at a local level, apply to Southwark Council today.
Technology & Digital Services sits within the Customer Experience Division of the Housing and Modernise department. Modernise provide a joined-up service to the business delivering change that affects where and how staff work and what they do.
In 2023 all our Leisure Services will be back in house, delivered by the Council to the Residents of our great Borough. To ensure an outstanding service is delivered to both our customers and staff, our IT provision to the Leisure Service must be safe and legal on day 1.
The Applications Team Manager – Leisure Services will play a key role in enabling the delivery of this vision.
We are looking for a Technical Leader who can take ownership of the suite of applications that will underpin these key Council Leisure Services. The successful candidate will help ensure both a smooth and seamless transition of IT service provision as well as effective ongoing support and delivery for both our staff and residents.
Significant experience of working hands on with complex corporate applications will be key, we are particularly interested in Leisure Management related systems such as Gladstone 360. You will need to bring a can do attitude and a keen thirst for a challenge.
As the Team Lead you will manage a small team as well as liaise with a wide range of suppliers and colleagues. Line management experience is not vital, but we are looking for someone with the ability to communicate well and influence.
Is this you? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
Day to day, your job will look like:
- You will quickly gain good understanding of relevant applications and oversee the procurement, configuration, implementation and integration with existing systems
- Build constructive relationships within the Council and supplier organisations to create a cooperative and forward moving environment for the transition programme to flourish within. You will be acutely aware of their evolving needs and manage expectations on how you and the team will meet them.
- Ensure that any technical challenges are flagged and well understood, working closely with the project team and other colleagues to resolve them
- Ensure that the implementation of our new systems has a keen eye on the medium / long term with appropriate and clear support procedures put in place, delivered through the existing corporate ticketing system.
- Establish and ensure best practice around the Leisure Service Applications.
You will need:
- Outstanding problem solving and trouble shooting skills – this is a complex support for several major corporate systems
- Appropriate qualification (e.g., ITIL and Degree) or equivalent professional experience
- Recognised expert in corporate systems, ideally within a leisure management or council environment
- Excellent relationship management skills – building trust and fostering a collaborative working relationship
- Good communication skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate, consult, influence, and negotiate with a wide range of people
- Understanding of the importance of equal opportunities
If you would like to informally discuss this role, please contact David Pugh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional salary details
- Job type – Permanent (Full Time)
- Might be required to work weekends and evenings to meet the needs of the service.
- No DBS check required.
- Comply with and promote the Council’s Equal opportunities policy
Benefits and more information:
Application Closing Date: 11.59pm on 21st October
Interview Date: 4th November, 2022
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.